Black skin can be naturally high in sebum but naturally low in ceramides. If you read only the first part of that statement, you might think that darker skin is less likely to experience dryness and hydration-related issues, but that is not the case.
On the contrary, without proper attention and a carefully-crafted skincare routine, black skin is actually more susceptible to dryness and irritation. Ceramides are naturally occurring lipids in the skin that help prevent transepidermal water loss.
With a lower concentration of naturally-occurring ceramides, it remains as important – if not becoming more important – to provide dark skin with the naturally soothing lotion for black skin to encourage your natural glow and keep your skin feeling hydrated and healthy.
How Black Skin Benefits from Nourishing, Moisturizing Lotion
Dry skin itself is uncomfortable but can give rise to other discomforts as well. Dry skin itself can cause cracking, redness, and irritation. Dryness also may make your skin more sensitive to aging as well as to sun-related damage.
Since black skin may be in some instances more susceptible to transepidermal water loss, applying an expertly-formulated lotion for black skin can help prevent dehydration and the complications that can arise as a result.
A lotion for black skin should contain naturally nourishing humectants, which help to lock moisture into the skin and regulate loss. In addition, a lotion for black skin can benefit from essential fatty acids that promote hydration and help prevent moisture loss, along with antioxidants that can help fight the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, helping your skin look and feel plump and young.
What Ingredients Should You Look for in Lotion for Black Skin?
A lotion for black skin types that are made with natural ingredients can be gentle, yet powerful. Some of the common oils and extracts included in lotion for black skin include (but are not limited to) the following.
● Shea Butter: Shea butter is rich in fatty acids, including stearic, linoleic, and palmitic acids. It is a powerful emollient and humectant, softening and hydrating the skin while protecting against environmental pollutants.
● Avocado Oil: Avocado oil is not only rich in fatty acids; it is also rich in vitamins A, C, and E, which moisturize and help to protect the skin against the sun and against premature aging.
● Almond Oil: Almond oil is unique in that it is ideal for both dry and oily skin. It hydrates and soothes while promoting cell turnover and regulating sebum production, keeping even sensitive skin hydrated and healthy.
● Prickly Pear Extract: Prickly pear extract is very rich in vitamin E and full of amino acids, promoting cell turnover and healing while also boosting collagen production to keep skin looking firm and young.
● Chamomile Extract: In addition to its delicate, pleasant scent, chamomile extract is rich in antioxidants which help fight the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, protecting the skin from free radical damage.
● Cucumber Extract: Seemingly innocuous, cucumber extract is amazingly soothing and restorative, helping to combat itchiness and dryness. It can even be used to help soothe sun-damaged skin and is suitable for all skin tones and types.
● Lavender Essential Oil: Light, floral, and pleasant to the senses, lavender is a potent anti-inflammatory agent that can fight redness and irritation, soothing inflamed skin and helping to unclog pores.
Quality Natural Lotions for Black Skin
In search of artificial-fragrance-free moisturizing cream or body lotion for black skin that’s made with gentle yet powerful natural ingredients and will help highlight your natural glow? Visit Llhomd at LLhomd.com.
Llhomd is black-owned, family-operated, and never uses parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, sulfates, or artificial colors. Their products are formulated for their customers as though for family, and 5% of sales support POC and their communities through the Hawthorne Foundation.
Still here? Don’t miss another minute. Superior skin care is around the corner at Llhomd.com!