Split ends are usually a sign of dry, damaged hair. There are several factors that can cause them: exposure to the harsh chemicals used in coloring or perming is one of the most common ones. Heat treatments such as blow drying or using a hair straightener or curling iron can also contribute to them.
Unfortunately, there is no repair for split ends. Cutting them off is the only way to get rid of them. However, this isn’t a viable option for women who prefer to keep their hair long.
There are, however, certain products that can reduce split ends. Organic Cosmetica’s Long Locks Organic Hair Repair Oil Serum is an effective hair oil for split ends. Here’s why it’s a better alternative:
It’s doctor formulated
Organic Cosmetica was founded by Alicia R. Carter, M.D., a New York-based regenerative medicine physician with 20 years of experience under her belt. Her specializations include spine & sports medicine, as well as regenerative medicine. Through her work in these fields, she noted that there was a dearth in clean, quality products in the beauty industry, specifically in the regenerative and anti-aging niches.
This scarcity motivated her to develop skin care and hair care products that make use of regenerative plant-based ingredients that perform just as well, if not better, than others in the same space.
The result of these labors is Organic Cosmetica: woman- and minority-owned, inclusive, and 100% natural. All of the products offered are safe for all skin types and can be used by men and women alike. They are also gluten-, nut-, soy-, alcohol-, and synthetic fragrance-free.
Additionally, all Organic Cosmetica products are vegan, never tested on animals, and proudly made in the USA. This, of course, includes their hair oil for split ends, Long Locks.
It’s packed with good-for-you ingredients
Organic Cosmetica’s hair oil for split ends, like the other products in their lineup, combines natural and organic ingredients for a formula that helps fight moisture loss, thus reducing breakage and split ends. They include:
– Organic tucuma oil, sourced directly from wild Tucuma fruits, contains highly nourishing omega 3, 6, and 9. It is especially beneficial for stressed hair.
– Organic jojoba oil is high in vitamins and antioxidants, and is similar to sebum in its molecular structure. Sebum is naturally produced by the skin for moisture.
– Organic babassu seed oil is high in saturated fatty acids and vitamin E. It makes hair softer and shinier while adding much-needed moisture, without the greasy feel.
– Organic apricot kernel oil is a good source of antioxidants that can hydrate and protect the hair strands.
– Organic castor oil promotes hair growth and helps minimize hair loss.
– Organic tamanu oil is rich in fatty acids and extensively used in anti-aging products. It supports hair growth for longer, stronger, and healthier hair.
The full list of ingredients for Organic Cosmetica’s hair oil for split ends can be found here; further information on each ingredient can be found on the site’s Ingredients page.
It’s kinder to the environment
Dr. Carter didn’t just set out to create an exceptional line of products with Organic Cosmetica. The brand is also committed to the environment, which is demonstrated by its emphasis on natural ingredients. Organic Cosmetica’s products, including their hair oil for split ends, are formulated only with ingredients that do no harm to the planet.
Additionally, the brand uses recycled or recyclable materials in all of its packaging. Organic Cosmetica also donates 2% of its annual profits to The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore to fight climate change.
For more anti-aging skin and hair care products that are as good for you as they are for the planet, visit Organic Cosmetica today.